Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Am Because We Are

Finally,

A movie that might be worth watching, (not that Narnia and Iron Man were awful :)


Madonnas new movie "I am Because We Are", is a movie directed by Madonna that addresses the concern over the millions of orphans in the African country of Malawi who have lost their families to AIDS. The film also touches on Madonna's charity organization "Raising Malawi"

Madonna said about the film: "To say that this film is a labor of love is trivial. It's also the journey of a lifetime. I hope you all are as inspired watching it as I was making it." [4]

The film is scheduled to be released in 2008 and the title is quoted by Wikipedia as being derived "from Desmond Tutu’s (famous Archbishop from Cape Town, South Africa) words. “Ubuntu” is an idea present in African spirituality that says “I am because we are” - or we are all connected, we cannot be ourselves without community, health and faith are always lived out among others, an individual’s well being is caught up in the well being of others."(Wikipedia)



I will be posting a review as soon as I see it, so I'll keep you posted.

No comments: